Now that the weather is warming up, it is time to “Think Spring” and make sure you take care of these little things that will keep your dog safe and home where he/she belongs!
- Check collar & leash for wear & tear – replace worn and weak
- Examine your pets ID/license/rabies tags and ensure they are readable and the information is still current
- At your pet’s spring checkup have the microchip scanned to make sure it is working properly
- If you’ve moved make sure to update contact information with the microchip company. (may be a nominal fee)
- Check your fence and repair for any winter damage
- Check your window screens – If weak, replace w/pet screening
- Check screening and latches on screen doors
Prepare a Lost Pet Packet and keep it handy:
Photos and detailed description of your dog.
Nearest animal control facility address and phone number.
Rabies vaccination certificate, license number, microchip number and the company’s contact information.
Be Aware & Be Prepared – Don’t Allow your Dog to become a Lost Dog Statistic!